01 November 2006

A Year And A Day

So I've been in the blogging game for a year and a day now. At some point in early-October I started to think about what I'd do for my one year post. A bunch of stupid self-promotion ideas ran thru my head, until my better senses kicked in. And then one day it just hit me, after reading the following comment a friend of mine recently left in response to my Complete & Utter Randomness post:

Hey, I think this is one of your best posts. You should write about yourself more often! I know I totally write sagas, but you finally really shared something about you! Something that you like and something about where you came from.

The irony of this comment lies in a little “secret” about my blog posts – nearly all of them are about me. Most people probably can’t understand how they relate to me emotionally, but they are all very intentional. From the words, to the pictures, to the songs – they all tell my story. In the truest sense, it is a diary of my emotional life.

And therein lies my greatest piece of art – shrouded in the mystery of my own emotional outpourings, my reader is able to see their life more clearly through their own emotional reaction to what I’ve published. It isn’t about figuring out what a post means to me, but rather, what it means to you. For my readers, I sincerely pray that reading my blog has never been about checking off another post, but a time when you can sit quietly before God and contemplate your own calling in this life.

May you hear His voice...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Troy, your life and "blogs" have truly touched my life in that they are a "time when I sit quietly before God and contemplate my own calling in this life." You are very much a significant part of that calling in my life.

May you as well continue to hear His voice...and that our lives will continue to paint a picture worthy of His call upon us.

I am blessed by you.

miller said...

i look for your postings daily

because they speak to me deeply

they really do

peace

Anonymous said...

So i am finally catching up from my "maternity leave" from your blog... & i am so happy that i did! i feel that my understanding of who Jesus is and what He has done in your life has deepened significantly since reading this over the past year. The Lord is using this in your life and your faith, but also to touch those around you.

I love you, my brother.

-D.