01 March 2006

The Waiting...


The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
The waiting is the hardest part

It's not like Tom Petty is the most amazing lyricist ever, but he pretty much captured my exact feelings at the moment with this chorus. And it's not like this concept is "news" to anyone, but its where I'm at nonetheless. Reconciling the trust that comes from my faith and the raw emotion that screams from my heart is what makes it so hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 69:13-17
"But as for me, my prayer is to you, Lord. At an acceptable time, O God, in the abundance of your steadfast love, answer me. With your faithful help rescue me from sinking in the mire; let me be delivered from my enemies and from the deep waters. Do not let the flood sweep over me, or the deep swallow me up, or the Pit close its mouth over me. Answer me , O Lord, for your steadfast love is good; according to your abundant mercy, turn to me. Do not hide your face from your servant, for I am in distress--make haste to answer me."